|Photo Courtesy to Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split - Jean Claude Van Damme JCVD|
Volvo Trucks have been publicizing its technology by showing the tests in different environments under different circumstances. They have really made it entertaining enough for some of the videos to go Viral. The list of Live tests (as of date) are 6 Videos which have been listed below:
- The Ballerina Stunt: (Location: Unopended Highway, Vrgorac, Croatia) Record-holding highliner Faith Dickey battles to cross the line between two speeding trucks. (above 10 million views) CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 1 Video if the below embedded video doesn't work. There are videos behind the scenes also. CLICK HERE for Faith Dickey's comments and CLICK HERE for the driver's comment. CLICK HERE for the complete story on 'The Auto Channel'.
- The Hamster Stunt: (Location: Quarry at Los Tres Cunados, Qurense, Spain) A hamster named Charlie driving a brand new 15- tonne Volvo FMX in a rough quarry. (above 6 million views). CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 2 video if the below embedded video doesn't work. CLICK HERE for the behind the scene for the technology used. CLICK HERE for Charlie the hamster.
- The Chase: (Location: Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain) A Red truck being chased by a herd of bulls through the streets of a Spanish city. CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 3 video if the below embedded video doesn't work. CLICK HERE for the behind the scene video. Since they used 28 cameras in total, one can view their 360° camera angles of the 2 km run from the top of the truck. One can also view the 28 cameras that have been placed around the whole course. Really interesting. CLICK HERE to go to the site (Select Language -> United Kingdom for English)(The loading may take sometime).
- The Hook: (Location: Gothenburg Port, Sweden ) The president of Volvo trucks puts his neck on the line in his own exciting stunt. Claes Nisson, testing the new Volvo FMX' s hool which can hold over 32-tonnes of weight. CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 4 video if the below embedded video doesn't work. CLICK HERE for behind the scenes.
- The Technician: (Location: Teruel, Spain) Roland Svensson's head measures 275 mm. The new Volvo FMX has 300 mm of ground clearance. CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 5 video if the below embedded video doesn't work.
- The Epic Split: (Location: Closed off landing field, Spain at Sunrise) Jean Claude Van Damme carry out his famous split between two reversing trucks. CLICK HERE for the LIVE test 6 video if the below embedded video doesn't work. CLICK HERE for the Teaser of the Live test. CLICK HERE for behind the scene shown on AutoMotoTV. CLICK HERE for the complete story shown on AutoMotoTV. (The Live test 6 video has clocked over 76 million views as of date)
All the above videos are from the Volvo Trucks Youtube channel and the amazing thing is that all of the LIVE test videos were released first on the internet on their Youtube channel. CLICK HERE to check the complete list of the LIVE test videos. CLICK HERE to check the Volvo Trucks Youtube channel. All the action done in the above videos were done under strict professional settings and all the safeties were taken into consideration. DO NOT try this on your own - better yet DO NOT try it at all.